No plays today.
I developed a budget at the start of the year which would cover all the anticipated tournament entry fees, travel, and other costs associated with this quest. So how to pay for all of it? Well, I saved up enough in prior years to tackle this without any winnings, but ideally it would come from a combination of tournament prize money and daily/monthly/annual track wagering profit.
It is this daily/monthly/annual wagering that I’ll discuss today. Instead of recording cash, I’ll just use ‘X,’ so anyone can plug in their own numbers (example: $2 wagers, $50 wagers, $100 bankroll, $2,000 bankroll, etc.) and compare. Thus all tracking will be done as a percentage of X, and ROI. That should make it fairly straightforward. Hopefully, at the end of the year the time put in will pay for all the expenses, but one never knows unless I start tracking it early. Also, I’ll start recording it daily to watch the joy/horror unfold.
Speaking of horrors, the inamorata was telling me this morning a true horror tale she heard on the news – it’ll make you rethink your food. I’ll share it in a day or two.
If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score? ~ V. Lombardi
.
The Nomination Is In: The Joe Hirsch Turf Classic Grade 1 at the new
Belmont Park (weather permitting)
-
Welcome friends to The Turk Blog, where I handicap turf races and assemble
exacta bets. I've been handicapping for 40 years (I started in 1986 in
Sara...
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment