Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday

Ho hum Monday. Played Turfway and a little of GP yesterday. Cashed nice at Turfway, and not much at GP, but overall it was a good day. I will devote a blog one day this week about racing finances and tracking.

Today is the 11th, and the forecast calls for our first day of thawing on Thursday with temps in the 50s and sunny. The pond is still frozen solid and no sign or feather of the Don. The Bon Vivant said she was watching local news and how the weather affected livestock. Specifically, she said it mentioned ducks or other non-migratory animals and how if they depended only on a single water source and it froze for an extended period, they could easily die. Sad news indeed, I don’t know a thing about ducks, but I hope to see my old friend the Don back this weekend.

Dying is a very dull, dreary affair. And my advice to you is to have nothing whatever to do with it. ~ Somerset Maugham
.

No comments: